Saturday, March 26, 2011

Song for Horses

Willie Nelson, along with many family members, has released a song to help horses through the Animal Welfare Institute. Willie wrote on the AWI website, “I’m a little prejudiced when it comes to horses. I have always loved them. I currently have about 68; 25-30 were rescued directly from slaughter. I got involved 8 years ago, when AWI first made me aware that American horses are being slaughtered and shipped overseas for human consumption. It’s a shame horses – or any animal – be treated this way when horses are the foundation of America. Horses were a way to travel to get to where we are today, and it is our job to protect them.” (Source: AWI.org)
The proceeds from the 99 cent song to help the horses and  halt the roundups  will go to AWI. It can be purchased on CD Baby, and Apple iTunes.

No comments:

Post a Comment